BEAM Connect: Taipei is a 8 Days Business visitation and immersion program that provides a great opportunity for individuals who wish to gain exposure or expand to Taiwan's market.
The BEAM team will bring a small focus group of individuals to Taipei (Taiwan) to meet incredible startups, investors, incubators, co-working spaces, locals, and many other people who can bring value to your current/future business, and provide assistance to overcoming barriers of entering the market (ie: language barriers, culture, etc.). It will be incredibly fun and fruitful, plus you'll build many good connections.
1. Business Exploration
Visit some of the most exciting and innovative places in Taipei (exhibitions, innovation labs, corporate buildings, working spaces, incubators, investor offices) and get connected with their respective local communities.
2. Plug In & Connect with Entrepreneurs
Plug in and get connected with many aspiring and established entrepreneurs from the Taipei ecosystem.
Exclusive entry and a free exhibition booth for the 2017 Meet Taipei Startup Festival (創新創業嘉年華) are also included. (Valid for registrations before 6 Oct)
3. Meet Investors, Local Partners, and Government Representatives
Meet and spend quality time with some of the most prominent investors, venture capital companies, local partners, and government representatives from Taipei and Malaysia. Spend quality time with representatives from Innosquare Taiwan, TBV Capital, and many more.
4. Gain Market Exposure
Get exposed and learn about the Taiwanese economy, market conditions, population mindsets while you're there.
Not only will you gain a deeper understanding of how you can expand your business into the market, you will be prepared with the support of the connections you've made there.
5. Soft-Landing facilitated by TBV Capital & Innosquare Taiwan
TBV Capital, a Malaysian-based venture capital firm has since signed an MOU with the mayor of Taipei city and Innosquare to facilitate soft-landing for companies entering Taiwan's market.
This program will also include direct investor connections and governmental support for entrepreneurs seeking to bring their companies into the Taiwanese market.
Valuable Connections & an Unforgettable Experience
6. Meet & Spend Time with Locals
The team will bring you around to network with people outside the startup/business scene as well. Some of these include networking events, gatherings, tours, and more.
Not only will you meet many people from Taipei, it will be an incredibly fun-filled and unforgettable experience!
7. Try New Things
Immerse yourself and live in a world of a completely different culture, language, and environment. Live like a local and experience the life they live. Try new kinds of food, drinks, and activities.
8. Explore Taipei
A trip to Taipei isn't complete without a tour of the city. Our team will bring you to some of the most interesting and exciting parts of the city, places where you can bring home some incredible shots of your memories.
Managing Partner of TBV Capital
Associate Partner of TBV Capital
Payments & Confirmation
- A representative from the BEAM team will be in touch with you within 2 working days from the date of payment confirmation to request for your travel particulars. We recommend registering early to ease the planning process.
- All prices listed are in Singaporean Dollars (SGD)
- Payments include flights, accommodation, and train passes in Taipei (loaded with SGD $20 of credit). Daily spending budgets are NOT included. We recommend budgeting approximately SGD $80 - $100/day for food and additional transportation costs
- Payments can be made via registering on this page OR via regular bank wire. Please contact us should you prefer doing a bank wire instead.
- Single traveler registrations are valid for a single participant, Twin traveller registrations are valid for 2 participants.
Flights & Accommodation
- The program will take place between 12th to 19th November 2017. Should you wish to make changes to your flight dates (or extend your trip), please let us know in advance so we are able to make the necessary customizations. Additional booking fees may apply.
- Flight departure dates will typically be one day before (or on the day itself) for flights into Taipei, and one day after (or on the day itself) for flights leaving Taipei.
- All activities will only be held in Taipei
- Participants will be allocated a twin sharing room at the place of residence, which will be close to Taipei.
- Flights may be subject to transits depending on the booking periods. Transit flight costs are included in the package.
- Participants are required to board their respective flights individually, detailed information will be provided prior to the flights. A representative from the BEAM team will be present to pick you up from the airport in Taipei.
- As you will be traveling during the end of autumn, Temperatures will average between 17-25 Celsius.
- We recommend bringing your business cards.
- More information on entry/visa requirements can be found here at: http://www.roc-taiwan.org/ph_en/post/1750.html
Activities & Schedule
- All activities are OPTIONAL. You can choose to roam freely or join the team for all the sessions.
- Most of the activities will be held during the late morning to evening.
- Most of the activities will be focused around:
- Attending events
- Networking & meeting people (Entrepreneurs, Investors, working professionals)
- Visiting Investor Offices, Incubators, working spaces.
- Touring & Eating
- Be prepared to walk quite a fair bit!
- Each participant will receive a train pass with SGD $20 of credit loaded in them which is usable for all public transportation within Taipei, including trains to and from the airport.
- Sim cards (Call and data costs) are not covered in this trip.
- We do not guarantee investments or partnerships will be made in your company.
- Choices of meals at the events will be mainly Taiwanese food. Please let us know in advance should there be special meal requests.
- Events, networking sessions, and the connections BEAM introduces to you will be conducted in English and Mandarin. However, most locals in Taiwan will speak mainly Mandarin. English-Mandarin translators will be present during the course of the trip.
- Free Exhibition Booths are awarded for registrations before Oct 6th 2017. Booths will not be allocated for any registrations placed after that date.
- Images are for illustration purposes.
- Terms and conditions may be subject to change at any time.
Terms & Conditions
- You automatically agree to the terms listed upon confirmation & registration.
- BEAM will not be held liable for any failures to board flights. You are responsible for boarding the flights based on the itinerary provided.
- BEAM will not be held liable for any damages or injuries incurred throughout the duration of the stay.
- No refunds or transfers are allowed upon confirmation of payment.
- BEAM reserves the right to terminate applications at any time should we deem necessary. Full payments will be refunded in the event this occurs.
Limited to 7 spaces.
Need to fly on different dates? Contact us for a custom pricing