Proton X70 'a game changer' for potential turnaround — Hong Leong IB
KUALA LUMPUR (Oct 12): Hong Leong Investment Bank Bhd is upbeat on the prospects of Proton Holdings Bhd's new Proton X70 sport-utility vehicle (SUV) because the SUV could be a game changer for Malaysia's national car manufacturer.
Hong Leong analyst Daniel Wong said in a note today the Proton X70 can lead to a potential turnaround for Proton. DRB-Hicom Bhd owns a 50.1% stake in Proton, while Zhejiang Geely Holding Group Co Ltd holds the remaining 49.9%.
When TrackR raised $50 million from investors that included Amazon a year ago, the Santa Baraba startup made a big splash in the growing market for small connected dongles that you could attach to “dumb” objects like keys to keep tabs on their location. But times for the company have been challenging since then. It’s weathered layoffs; […]
The team behind mileage-tracking app MileIQ, a company Microsoft acquired a few years ago, is out with a new application. This time, the focus isn’t on tracking miles, but rather expenses. The new app, simply called “Spend,” arrived on the App Store on Thursday, offering automatic expense tracking for work reimbursement purposes or for taxes. […]